Dye Sublimation Printing
What is Dye Sublimation Printing?
Dye-Sublimation or we called in all over dye sublimated t shirt printing, it is a method that involves a modified ink jet printer and specially formulated dye sublimation heat sensitive inks. It changes a substance’s physical state from solid to gas without using a liquid form as an intermediate into the garments. During this process, the inks gasify will transfer into substrates and sink into the white base polyester t shirts to produce a permanent print with no hand feel.
Digital VS Actual
This printing is quite popular to be used for school events t shirt, soccer football team and others. It is because dye sublimation printing allows T-shirts to have a full vibrant color design to full cover the whole tshirt .
Those soccer football team drifit t shirt like Manchester, Liverpool, Arsenal, A.C Milan are all using this method to make their team tshirt. Thus, this is the reason why this method is well known in sports industry.
2. How much is dye sublimation printing charges?
- 1- Quantity
- 2- Extra charge if you need print individual number or name
3. is dye-sublimation only can use drifit white color t shirt?
No. Most of the tshirt printing company in Singapore will tell you this printing method can only be done on white tshirt.
In Luminous Printing, we have a more advanced machine and technology that able to create full-color printing on it.
Example, if you require an orange color base on tshirt or polo, we will use heat sensitives ink turn into orange gases and sink it into the white base drifit fabric. So we could create any color base on your design.
5. What item or apparel can be used for dye-sublimation?
- Only apparel in drifit or polyester material. (t-shirt, polo tee, or singlets)
6. What are the advantages and disadvantages of dye sublimation ?
- Ideal for Printing multi-colored designs and pictures or photos
- Hand free
- Durable and long lasting
- The complexity of the designs doesn’t cost you more.
- It only can be done for quantity above 50pcs
- The high-resolution artwork on a tshirt template is needed.
- The design needed to be provided by the customer, but you may look for our design team for an assist. (Charges apply)
- The color is not as solid as silkscreen printing
Dye-Sublimation printing method close up
Want to know more about dye-sublimation? Visit here